Sunday, March 1, 2009

Loss for words...

I haven't been writing much any more...I often feel like I am at a loss for words. I don't know what to say or I have too much too say and don't know how to convey it all. I have been journaling some privately, I guess I just feel to vulnerable right now to talk about trying again publicly. I fear people are going to tell me we are selfish for trying again or criticize us for the possibility of another pregnancy with complications. I also feel like a broken record, like all the grief I have, I have told over and over and over again. Afraid, people are tired of hearing our story and will tell me to stop talking about our sons because they have heard it all before and the story never changes. That is the part that people really don't get, the story will never change because all we had were those few short days and now they are gone. All we have to hold on to them are those memories that we repeat and tell over and over again. Telling me to move on or not wanting to hear them is like telling me to forget about them which I can never ever do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,

Sometimes you have to tell about the grief you have over and over in order for others to understand how very much you lost and in order for you to keep your sanity. I want you to know that we love you, support anything you and Kevin decide to do, would never think you are selfish, are always ready and able to help if needed and can never hear too much about Declan and Lucas.

Love,
Pat

Devon said...

just know i am someone who will NEVER tire of hearing about your grief, about declan & lucas, about your journey...i am blessed because of it.

i support you and i praying for a new baby for you, a healthy pregnancy and a little bit of happy.

we're here when you want to write...and even when you don't want to!

Courtney said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have a few family members who are not keen on the idea of us getting pregnant again, especially in the same year that our boys passed away.

I wish I could take your pain away as well as mine. My heart goes out to you

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I can't wait to hear those words of joy from you and Kevin that you are having a baby. I know that it is going to be scary for both of you but in my heart I know every thing will be fine and you will have a beautiful healthy baby or babies. Declan and Lucas will always be a part of all of us. Others don't want to hear about them because they feel it is hurting you, they don't understand about death and talking about the boys brings joy and more peace to us. It's like showing pictures of a new baby but ours is of a memory that will always be the same and even though we can't hold them , they will always be our little bundles of joy that will live forever in our hearts.
Love,
Mom

Marie said...

Hello, I just found your blog a few minutes ago from the Waiting for Happy page. What a heartbreaking story. How awful to see you've been getting such comments...how heartless are these people??? I saw yesterday on Happy's page they got the same thing. Someone actually said "You brought this on yourself because of your need for biological children." Ugh. You may want to turn off anonymous comments for awhile if it's that bad.