Thursday, March 26, 2009

March for Babies

I have been trying to help out with the March of Dimes as much as I can without over doing it. They asked me to speak a few weeks ago to kick off our walk season and it went pretty well. I was all prepared for what to say and was totally caught off guard when I started to get all choked up. Talking to a room full of people, some of whom I knew really got what I and Kevin are living thru. Often the speaker is one of those miracle babies parents but that wasn't us. I was the speaker who put a face to the fact that there is still a very high precentage of babies that don't survive because of so many different reasons. I was the mother up there talking while trying not to sob about the grief she is experiencing because she misses her sons so much. I kind of figured after choking thru the first experience they wouldn't ask me to speak again but I was wrong! They asked me to speak at a March for Babies Egg Hunt in our area and then they asked our family to be the Ambassador family. I am so thrilled to be able to honor our sons this way. To show that we have lost so much and this is why it is so important to continue to support this fight for our children. I am nervous about breaking down but at the same time, it makes me feel good to do something positive in the midst of our tragedy.

Tomorrow, marks 14 months since the boys were here. I miss them so much right now...tonight...this minute.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

What an amazing tribute for your boys. We have signed up to walk in the March of Dimes in honor of our boys. Our walk takes place next month on the 25th and we are so thrilled to participate.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I know that Declan and Lucas are so proud of their Mommy. The fact that you continue to honor their short lives by doing something that is so painful for you is amazing. You make our family proud that you are a member.

We love you.

Carly said...

I am so proud of you! You are so brave to get up there and talk! My mod kickoff breakfast had all survivor parents speaking and it was so hard, I had to leave the room for a bit. I am so glad that your chapter has chosen you as an Ambassador family! Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Since Declan and Lucas have died I have often heard you say I am afraid people will forget them. In the last few months, people are JUST getting to know them through all of the work you and Kevin are doing. I am so proud to have you both in my family!! Declan and Lucas are so proud to have you as mommy and daddy!! Denise