Monday, November 3, 2008

Headstone




Well, I went and saw the boys headstone. It turned out really nice but I don't really know what else to say about it? Am I happy with it... not really because it marks the spot where my boys are buried. So, I just can't put happy in that sentence. It was a hard day. I guess, I wasn't really ready for the reality and finality of it. I thought I would be but, to just sit there and stare at is something of disbelief. I have to say it was an overwhelming day, a day of raw emotions and tears. I am glad that it is in and done because I wanted them to have marker. I want people to know where they are and whom they were but at the same time it just feels so wrong. I guess right now, I am still a little overwhelmed by the reality of having bought a headstone for my sons.

4 comments:

Erin Freeman said...

The headstone is beautiful, and your boys are so proud of your courage and strength. They will continue to watch over and carry you through the days and nights. I am always here for you.

Anonymous said...

The headstone is perfect. And no, picking out a headstone for your sons should not ever feel normal. I have no words... but I am so sorry.

Nilia Palhinha

mrsrubly said...

like the PP says the headstone is so pretty. but oh this just absolutely breaks my heart. i am praying for you for peace.

Erica said...

I found your blog today and just wanted to extend my heartache for you. We too lost our little girl earlier this year, and I know the pain of losing a child. I remember when we got our grave marker I was so mad to even look at it... If you ever need to talk, I am here for you.
Erica