Thursday, June 5, 2008

Father's Day is approaching

Well, Father's Day is only a little over a week away and I just am so nervous. I got Kevin a gift from Mackenzie and the boys and I am so worried as to how he is going to react? It is a drawing of Mackenzie holding her brothers and I want it to be special but I also don't want to blind side him. I don't know if I should tell him about it before he opens it or if I should just let him open it. I also wrote this poem for the boys and am going to re-write it in caligraphy for him, then have it framed for our office.

For a Few Short Days

For a few short days
All we could do was beg and pray.
Please God just let them live,
Please God just let them stay.

For a few short days
He answerd our prayers.
We saw you, we touched you,
We held you, we LOVED you.

For a few short days, you fought so bravely.
But as the hours passed by,
We realized that death was going to take you,
The time was approaching for us to say our good-byes.

Within a few short days,
You changed our lives.
This the both of us will never forget,
Our two little boys who had once lived and whom we had once met.

For those few short days have left us
and God has taken you away.
All we have left are the memories
and pictures from those days.

For those few short days have changed us,
You have left your footprints upon our souls.
In our hearts, you will always remain,
The babies that we had but never got to know.

Those few short days are over.
Yet, mommy and daddy we remain
and though our arms are empty,
We will always cry your names.

Good-Bye is not forever,
for one day we will meet.
But until that day has found us,
Please know with all our heart.
We love you both so very much
and we wish we never had to part.

A few short days we held you
and now the dreams are gone.
But your love will never leave us
and this I know is true
I love you is forever
and forever is when we come home to you.

Author: Melissa DeCabooter

No comments: