Saturday, June 28, 2008

A Sign from the Boys

Yesterday, I was having a tough day to say the least. But, last night the door bell rang and it was UPS. They had a small package for me and it was from the March of Dimes. It was a plaque for Kevin and myself saying that our team had raised the most amount of money for the March of Dimes in the Kenosha area. I am so proud of us, all of us! It really helped me last night to process things and I know that it was sent yesterday from the boys to cheer me up. To show me that something good had been accomplished out of this tragedy. I also received a small handwritten thank you from the woman who runs the Wisconsin March of Dimes asking me to join the committee for the lower part of the state. She said, they need more help especially from people who have and can find so much support. So, I will think about it and decide if I want to contribute in more than just the walking part of this tribute to our sons. I think that by giving some time and effort to this cause it will be just another small way to honor the boys.

Today, I hope is going to be a better day. Thank you Declan and Lucas for sending me something that I was so desperately in need of last night. I love you both!

No comments: